Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Just a few pictures from Christmas this morning!

As I was posting these pictures, Grace came in to see what I was doing. I wished Merry Christmas, told her I loved her and asked how her day has been. Her reply, "Merry Christmas to you, too, Mom. I am just having a wonderful Christmas Day!" Love that kid!


With the Wixom cousins (minus William.) Grace has been in cousing heaven since we got here. With all 14 cousins in the same state, we have not seen Grace in five days. She only showed up this morning for the festivities!
Grace and her twin, Hannah. Do you think these two are related? The Hansen genes are powerful!
Grace felt that Ella needed to be taught how to open presents, she is just a baby after all. Ella let that fly for the first gift, but after that, she was on her own.


I know that by default I have to think my children are cute, but seriously, look at that face!
All of the girls cousins are currently in rehab for their American Girl doll addiction. We thought that coming on this trip and offering our support would help them through this rough time. Instead, they sucked Grace into this world of amazingly beautiful dolls and accessories. I don't think she will ever be the same again.

I have to say that when Grammy, oops, I mean Santa, mentioned that a Kirsten doll might appear under the tree on Christmas I was very excited. I had a Kirsten doll when I was little and loved her so much. A few months ago I found all of my old Kirsten books at my parents house and Grace and I have been reading them before bed. If was so fun to see the doll again and Grace really was happy. Once again, I am that mom who is reliving their youth through her children. Oh, well...made for an extra special Christmas:)

This is the view from our front door. It is supposed to storm again today and it is snowing as we speak! There is definately something to be said about having a white Christmas!

3 comments:

Linnea said...

Thats so funny...I had a Kirsten doll too! Now it has been passed down to the girls...along with every accessory you could think of. They too need some serious rehab...I think 7 or 8 dolls in all...its non-stop...but brings back so many memories!

Austin and Heather Kramer said...

What a fun time! We never could have imagined so many years ago when we lived together, how much our lives would change in just a few years. What will another 7 years get us? What a ride! By the way, I LOVE those dolls too. I just introduced them to my husband, he didn't get it.

Crys said...

So there is an American Doll store in Chicago. I've contemplated taking Grace up there for Brunch but I'm not sure our measly salary can take the hit that addiction would start. I hope I can hold her off a few more years with a cabbage patch doll :(