Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Dance Performance

Grace has been taking dance lessons since August. She seems to like it and last weekend her class performed at a Christmas craft show/outdoor market in downtown St. Cloud. They all did a great job and were, of course, so cute.
As a side note...I have decided that when we become rich one day, along with a make-up artist, hair stylist, housekeeper and chef, I am going to employ a family photographer to follow us around and document all the things we do. It is inevitable that when something really picture worthy is going on I will either forget my camera or run out of battery. Plus, I am always the one taking the picture, so I have no evidence that I exist in my children's lives!
Case in point...I went to the recital knowing that my camera was dead, but hoped that I might be able to squeeze a few pictures of of it. Yes! The camera tuned on and stayed on long enough for my to video Grace's short performance. Of course, this meant that I missed most of it because I was so busy filming it that I didn't just get to sit and watch. But the sacrifice was going to be worth it when I would be able to show everyone the video and watch Grace's first ballet performance over and over. Wrong! I am an idiot and somehow managed not to record ANYTHING or get any pictures! What a waste.
Thanks to Carrie for having her camera there and sending me these pictures of Grace's first ever dance performance!
Grace and her friend, Ella, in the "holding area" waiting to perform.I was a little unsure about how the girls would do, but for them most part they seemed to know the moves and were having a good time. (Grace is just to the right of the teacher.)
Reason #67 that I love Florida...You can have 3 year olds perform outside in the middle of December, wearing just their little pink leotards!





No comments: