Friday, December 12, 2008

Hanger Party

Here are a few pictures from the Airplane/Hanger party we went to last week. We were celebrating the completion of Mr. Jackson's ten year project. The hanger was beautiful and the plane was amazing! It was crazy to think that he built the plane himself and after ten year of hard work it is finally in the air!

Fun side story to illustrate the phase of life in which I am currently occupying. As me and my girls and Jennifer and her boys were saying our final goodbye's and on our way out, poor Riley was not feeling well and threw up in the hanger. Not being phased by this, Jennifer and I quickly went about gathering napkins and towels to clean up Riley and the floor. We were about half way done when he got sick again. No big deal...just keep cleaning. For some reason we found this whole situation a bit funny and were laughing while we cleaned. It wasn't until after we were done and really on our way out that we realized that all of the other 20 and 30-somethings (none of which have children) in the hanger scattered, and relocated themselves in the opposite corner of the room. Other people my age were rightfully grossed out and a little surprised by the situation but I strangely found humor in cleaning up vomit. Not sure what this says about me, but I am clearly knee deep in the child rearing phase of my life.



Ella and Ryder wanted in the plane in a bad way. I don't trust my children with anything expensive or meaningful, and since the plane is both, she was making me very nervous!


We finally conceded and let the kids sit in the plane for a quick picture. I made Grace fold her arms so I was sure she would not touch anything!


Mrs. Ann, Jennifer and me with the plane and hanger in the background.

While I am aware that I look 7 months pregnant in all of these pictures, no, I do not have anything to announce!

I love this picture of Grace and Ryder. They are both smiling and it is so cute how they are laying the same way. And then notice Ella on the side, with a button undone and her belly hanging out. Seriously!

This is the look I get from Ella about 20 times a day. It usually is used to say, "Mom, I understand what you are saying, but I am going to completely ignore you and do what I want. " She has recently crossed that very fine line between cute little baby and toddler with a serious attitude problem.

1 comment:

Crys said...

Alright sweetie I think it is time to say goodbye to that shirt :) So when you do have your next one can I just say that the third time is so much worse then the previous two...as far as size goes! I already have a nice shelf to put things on...MY HUGE BELLY! Everyday Jason says to me we have got to get a picture of that thing. It just keeps growing. Thanks sweetie :) Plus of course my hips started hurting this week. How can they hurt, the baby only weighs like a pound...shesh! I go to my Zumba class and the ladies are like, what the heck is happening to you. We are suppose to be getting smaller...and more flexible :)